Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Turning Point

"A Turning Point", number 156 of 188 from Robert Aitken's book Miniatures of a Zen Master.

Robert Aitken shares with us one of his life path turning point events. During a gathering of "young would-be writers" a reviewer mentioned that Aitken's poetry sounded like Japanese or Chinese verse. He had not considered this before this. From there he found Asataro Miyamori's Haiku: Ancient and Modern and Arthur Waley's Translations from the Chinese.

"With this a train of karma got fired up, and it's still tooting along."
My turning point was when I was convinced by the changes I saw in my friend Richard Ibey, to follow him and encounter EST. This fired up my "train of karma... and it's still tooting along".



Any error or confusion created by my commentary on
Miniatures of a Zen Master
is solely a reflection of my own delusion and ignorance.
Any merit generated by this activity is solely the result of
Aitken Roshi's clear teaching and is dedicated to
all Buddhas and Bodhisattvas throughout space and time

No comments:

Post a Comment