Friday, September 18, 2009

Holocaust Survivors

"Holocaust Survivors", number 160 of 188 from Robert Aitken's book Miniatures of a Zen Master.

This miniature is contains a moving story of a Holocaust survivor that confronts the squatter in his old family home with almost disastrous results. He involves his twin daughters and in so doing passes on his horrors. Actions lead to consequences, it never ends.




I seem to be slowing down with my digestion of these miniatures. I've started with our sangha looking at the Shodoka and this may interrupt my activities here. Maybe not. I've come all this way through this book and am dedicated to finish.



Definition :: tittle - the dot on top of the "i" and "j" typological jargon.



Any error or confusion created by my commentary on
Miniatures of a Zen Master
is solely a reflection of my own delusion and ignorance.
Any merit generated by this activity is solely the result of
Aitken Roshi's clear teaching and is dedicated to
all Buddhas and Bodhisattvas throughout space and time

No comments:

Post a Comment